What To Bring

Tax Pros offers professional services for individuals and businesses alike. Whether you prefer professionals or like to file your taxes, you must have your things aligned and ready. If you don’t know where to begin, we have compiled a checklist to help you out.

In addition to proving your identity and that of your family members, you may be required to bring the following documents.

Social Security

Any tax professional or software would require you to give your full name. For this purpose, you will be required to give any form of identification that has your correct name spellings and tax identification numbers like any government-issued identification including a passport, driver’s license or state identification card. 

Income Statements and adjustments to your income

Your tax filler will require your income statements to check how much have you earned and how many(if any), adjustments need to be made that can help you get a refund or reduce the amount of tax you owe.  You will need to complete a W-2 form for every job you hold. Your employer reports your income to the IRS directly but your tax preparer will also require these forms to file your tax,

You may need the following documents

Forms include

  • Form 1099 – Income received from other sources if you are self employed.
  • Form 1099-R – Retirement benefits like pensions and annuities
  • Form W-2G – Your gambling winnings

Tax Deductions

Make sure you have your tax deduction documents which can reduce your overall tax bill.

The Forms include

  • Form 1098 – Mortgage Statement
  • Form 1098-C – Donation of a boat, car or aircraft more than USD500 to a tax-exempt organization.
  • Form 1098-E – Interest paid on student loans
  • Form 1098-E – tuition paid for education past secondary
  • Form 1040ES – copies of tax payments made

Expense Reciepts

Expenses can also be tax deductible. If you would like to include these in your taxes you must have the following with you.

Other Income Sources

You may have more than one sources of income, for each of which you must report the information.

The income Forms may include

  • Form 1099 – income from self employment
  • Form 1099-A – foreclosure of home
  • Form 1099-B – Broker Transaction proceeds
  • Form 1099-C – Cancellation
  • Form 1099-DIV – Dividend income
  • Form 1099-G – unemployment benefit or state tax refund
  • Form 1099-INT – Interest income
  • Form 1099-K – Business or rental Income
  • Form 1099-Q – income from qualifying education programs
  • Form 1099-S – Sale of property
  • Form 1099-SA – Health Saving account and medical saving account
  • Form SSA-1099 – social security Benefits
  • Form RRB-1099 –Railroad retirement benefits